Where do I start. I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I am not going to go into every detail. Gonna keep it short and sweet.Doctor is confident he will heal fine. Any Decannulation thoughts are off the table this year. Partly because of today.
We brought Gabriel in for preparation for a possible decannulation attempt. We were told everything should take an hour. At hour and 15 mins the doctor calls out not big deal the tonsils need to come out also (I thought). Eric takes the call. His face and body language said it all something is up. While attempting to remove the scar tissue above the trach a hole develops in between the esophagus and trachea (airway). He informed Eric that it was going to be at least 2 more hours and he wasn't sure exactly how he would be it as it was right where his trach goes and there would be concern with his vocal cords. Now he is in the PICU as planned but instead of an overnight is is now a minimum of a week to 2 weeks if all goes well. We all know Gabriel- nothing goes as planned. He is in a medical coma for a few days to keep him from making it worse. His trach has to stay in for at least 2 weeks for it can be changed. There will steps to getting him home.
Yes the picture is from today. It looks like last years Leulemia stay. Thank you Lacy and Jaxson for the blanket. Will try to keep everyone upto date.
5 comments:
Amy,
Although I have neer been in your sitauation, so I cannot understand your struggles and pain, I do hurt for you and your family! I am praying constantly and have friends praying for all of you as well! I send my love and hugs and will continue to pray for all of you! In the sweet name of the Lord...
-Jennifer Paquette
Amy, I am so sorry. My love, thoughts and prayers go out to you in the sincerest way as you know. I am simply here for you if you need to vent, scream, cry, whatever. I truly love you dearly and will continue to lift you, Gabe and your whole family high before the throne. <3 April
Amy, praying for Gabe and your family!!
I'm SO SORRY!!! If I can get up there to visit you, I will. Please give him a big kiss from me. I will keep you guys in my prayers. He will pull through!!!
Praying for you all.
Post a Comment