I think Eric and I have some form of it.
While we are sad that he can not be decannulated this year we are couping with that. I had prepared myself as much as I could to hear that. I'll admit I couldn't wait to let him do so much without the trach. Yes, I dared to dream. It may still happen just not now. We should know by now to expect the unexpected from my little monkey. Its the complication that came up that we are struggling with. An how we wanted the best for him and another decision has led us to a summer vacation in the CASA PICU. He did change it up. In stead of getting out of shoveling the snow - he has blessed me with AC. Wait , Gabriel dear with have that at home JUST for you!!
It was when they put on the cfm monitor to monitor his sleep status while in the coma. It was after those went on Eric had to go home he had a hard time looking at him. Its hard. While this is a different situation then last year seeing him lying there again brings back those memories and the emotions are already raw trying to deal with NOW, let alone last years memories. I think I am still like what just happened.
Gabriel is being Gabriel and toying with the staff thru his coma and testing his parents again. Overall he is stable and cute as a button.
Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes.
2 comments:
Amy, my thoughts and prayers continue for you and your little man, Gabe...as well as all of your family. I pray that today was a restful day for all of you. We are all rooting for Gabe to be home soon! Take care and may His peace keep your heart and mind throughout this storm. In His love, Madonna
Continuing to keep you in our thoughts from here. Sorry you are having to deal with the continued trauma of seeing Gabe so fragile and dependent on equipment again. Hugs to you all and hoping for a safe & progressive recovery. Peace.
Post a Comment