to go..... ENT called last night and told us Gabe's vent Doc has given the green light to move asap to decanulate him. There was concern on his first set of flex films of his neck. But, the set on Friday showed the instability issues with c-spine 1,2 and 3 is not as bad as thought.
I am so nervous and excited. He was born 2 months early on Jan 9 and then one week after his due date his was trached. He is now 2 1/2 and this time last year he was walking through deaths door. By the grace of God he is here. The Acute Respiratory Distress Disorder he had really did a number on his lungs. I worry that we won't have the vent as a security blanket and I am joyous water won't go down the trach and viruses right into his lungs. Its amazing the strides he has made in a year.
So July 21 he goes into the OR to take a look and clean things up to get ready for a decannulation attempt and will probably spend a few nights with our PICU family. I am thrilled that they saw us and him thru our darkest hours and now they will get to take part during one of the brightess moments. We are excited that if he succeeds it will be a whole new exciting chapter in this families life. So in the meantime I will try to keep my nerves in check. Please keep us in your prayers as we await the date and begin this journey.
2 comments:
Praying for you Amy. This is definitely so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. May God's peace flood you, may sickness stay far away, and may His joy fill you and yours. <3 <3 <3 U!
I am so excited for you! I cant believe he's already in this place after how sick he was. Im a little jealous as we seem to be going in the opposite direction. Getting the trach a year and a half ago, and the vent just 9 months ago.
Go Gabe go! Oh, and have you gotten your blankie yet?
Post a Comment