Friday, June 3, 2011

The last month

I went to the March for Babies Walk  and paid a visit to my NICU primary RN Susan. She took care of us for 5 months.

My first trip inside McDonald's and I got to sit and bang the table for my baby food

My first Lawnmower ride with Daddy.

Elianas last day of preschool.

Daddy, Gabriel and Eliana. Gabriel loves his new medical stroller.

Mommy has been working hard for months to get me to enjoy my bath. I have learned to splash!!!

I have to be careful with my new power. Since that night I have been up on my secretions, requiring o2 now during day and more at night. Mommy is going to take other precautions during bath and hopefully still allow me to have fun like a normal kiddo. We aren't sure if I got water in my airway or if its something else. I got to visit my PCP the other day- cause I was showing my bad boy signs. Mommy is worried that we see vent and trach doctors to talk about decann this coming week  and for 2 months I have been fine/ a very good boy, little or no secretion's and off the vent - then just days before -- wham. Also we see the SLP about a speaking valve for my trach. I keep them on their toes!!!

2 comments:

April Reed said...

Love, Love, LOVE these pics Amy! Praising God for all the joy! <3

Lacey said...

I bet it was the water in the tub! Dang! I can't believe how good he looks, since when I first met you he was dying in the ICU! Amazing that they are already talking about decannulation!