Friday, December 17, 2010

Eating Ideas

Gabriel is staring to figure out that he likes me feeding him by mouth. So my online chronic/DS/high tech friends I need Ideas on how to up the calories in his food. Today Gabriel ate by mouth all but 240 of his calories/ml. I supplemented that with 240ml of his pedisure. He is eating stage 2 baby food and I am upping the calories by adding oatmeal cereal. He is fairly new at this and can not handle runny (needs it thickened), pieces,chunks or large volumes. I am doing some online searches and one thing I found to try was Avocados to try. Just wondering if anyone that has been through this has any ideas. I am so excited I have shed many tears in the battle to get his past his oral aversion and feeling hunger enough to want to try to eat by mouth. Since he has gotten over his cold and the stomach bug 2 weeks ago he has picked up steam in wanting to eat. Thankyou in advance for any ideas.

No comments: