Saturday, October 20, 2012

SUPRISEEEEE

Mommy was not feeling that great this morning . I was busy playing and came up with the idea to surprise her. Because we all know how much fun it is to see her have a heart attack!!!! An it has been at least 3 months since I pulled this trick. So, when she came to get me for breakfast--- TADAAAAA!!!!!!


But today she saw my surprise and she just sat me down. Then she started gathering things quickly and kept looking at me and the clock. She got me  new trach, ties, surgie lube and a rolled up towel. Then she looked at me and the clock. She then jumped up and came down with a probe and the pulsox. By then 10 minutes had passed. She hooked me up and my Sat's were Perfect. She watched me and by the 20 minute mark she decided to end my fun. It took a few attempts and the 4.0 would not go in so she went and got my one size smaller trach and it went in. So after 20 minutes mom tried again and my 4.0 went in.



She has no idea how long ago I pulled it out before she came got me. Did I do it where I pulled my HME off at or did I do it in the play room. I didn't give her any hints and I am not telling. If you hadn't guessed I pulled my Trach out (decannulation).



Amy here now that Gabriel is done telling his side off it. He is fine and as you can see his Sat's were good.  I hope this is a good sign and can't wait to see his ENT in a couple weeks!!!! He was playing and making sounds!!!! It was awesome. Last year he would have been grey/blue and needed immediate help.



I am praying that this is Gods way of telling me -- He is one step closer!!!!! 



I'll admit yesterday was a wicked pity party day.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow, I think Gabe just told the docs to stop this dilly dally and just pull that trach out! He's ready!

kim said...

Oh my goodness! Nerves of steel! I think he is ready! Let his docs see this! : )